Wednesday 27 October 2010

HTML5 -- Possiblity

I have been hearing about html5 for a while now.
Finally took a peak at it 3 days ago and it was awesome.

HTML5 is a flash killer!
Now you can integrate sound, video, image manipulation, SVG right into your web page.



Here are some pit holes when I was testing canvas:
  • canvas.getContext('2d').putImagedata is slow when using large offset
  • creating 1000 canvas consume 500-800mbs, better to create one huge canvas for all your buffers.
I always dislike flash, so I'll take the plunge into HTML5.
I'm going to be creating a game with HTML5.
It a real time strategy game know as Z, it's around 400 mbs. But I have figure a way to shrink it down to under 3 mb.

Plan:
  • Decode the games rules, stats for unit and terrain 0%
  • Extract tiles, sprites, and audio. 60%
  • Extract original levels 5%
  • Loss-less Compress of resources for web usage.30%
  • JavaScript Engine to run the game
  • AI for the single player
  • hack in to google/facebook for multiplayer

Beside HTML5 awesomeness, IE9 were faster then firefox 3.
go here to test out your browser with html5 http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/

No comments:

Post a Comment