Tuesday 4 December 2012

Helicopter Flight Stabilizer Part 1

Electrical Layout Cong's TRex500 Flight Stabilizer


I love flying my helicopter but certain aspect of controlling the helicopter annoyed me.
  1. Moving up rapidly the helicopter twisted left
  2. Moving down rapidly the helicopter twisted to the right
  3. When the wind pressure change, the helicopter bob ups and downs.
  4. To keep the helicopter stable I need to constantly corrected it.
  5. When the voltage are low the helicopter tail move like an axe.
  6. After changing the wings, some servo would require a realignment.
  7. The helicopter should stay still in mid air when there are no input (remote control runs out of battery)
In the coming week I'll attempt to rectify the above issue by rebuilding all the electrical components of the standard helicopter (Head Lock Gryo, Flybarless Module, Radio Receiver). It's going to be rough journey but I'll learn a lot about electronics.

The propose of this post are to help me keep tract of the project and help me remember the plans.
I have a reasonably busy schedule of working, forex, salsa and data collection for forex. In the next few post I'll go into details about each of the components and why they help toward the goals.

Current Task:
Purchase the missing components from Adafruit when  High Side Voltage/Current measurement  is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment